Sun Days

Sorry for not posting for the past couple of days. Instead of "snow days" I've been having "sun days." It has been way too nice to be cooped up in a tiny hot kitchen. I'll be going out to dinner tonight, but tomorrow I will be back and in action! Get excited.

Class yesterday was primarily a lecture on nutrition (vitamins and minerals) and our big Pastry Practicum. So...all we made were a lot of apple galettes. Mine turned out OK, but could have used a bit more oil in the dough. To be honest though, I'm so happy to be done with galettes. I've been eating them for almost a month now!
I'm finished.
Kaput.
Finito.
Sianara Galettes; catch you on the flip side.

The other important part of class yesterday was the first official meeting with our chef for our Friday Night Dinner (the final project/grand finale of the program). My group of lovely ladies is going to make a meal showcasing delicious summer produce in an elegant fashion. Once details are solidified and it gets closer to the dinner date, I will reveal to you the Mac Daddy of all Friday Night Dinner menus. For now, you will just have to wait in anticipation. Muah ha ha.

Comments