Test Run Tuesday

Not really cooking anything wild and crazy this evening. I am, however, doing a practice run of the filling for a new tart. This is yet another recipe for the magazine contest. Once I have perfected it and submitted it at the beginning of May, I will post it on here for you all to enjoy. As a little preview though, the reason I am doing a practice run of the filling before making the actual tart is because I have never really worked with agar before. It is a type of seaweed often used to thicken and set liquids. I'm always curious to try cooking something new, so I'll keep you posted on the success or failure of it.

Tomorrow is Cookie Night in culinary school. I can feel the stomach pains and sugar hangover coming on already, but bring it baby! Recipes to come...

Comments