The New Spaghetti

Sorry for the long wait for a new post... it's been a pretty hectic week. But, trust me- the wait was worth it! On Tuesday, I faked out my boyfriend when I told him I was preparing Spaghetti for dinner. In reality, I made him a delicious helping of Spaghetti Squash. Even better!!! It was delicious and super simple (especially after a LONG day). With simple comforting flavors, and limited ingredients, this was a wonderful go-to meal on a busy weeknight.

Spaghetti Squash with Brown Butter, Cranberries and Goat Cheese: Yields 4-6 Servings
2 lb spaghetti squash
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 T chiffonaded fresh sage
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup cranberries
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup Marcona almonds, toasted

1. Heat oven to 450. Cut squash in half lengthwise and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast until tender and edges are starting to brown, about 40 minutes.
2. When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape out spaghetti-like strands from shell using a fork. Set aside.
3. Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Cook until butter just begins to brown, swirling occasionally. Add sage, cooking until fragrant. Stir in squash, goat cheese, cranberries, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.


Told you this one was easy! Hope you enjoy it. I made another delicious dinner this past week, Pumpkin Quiche served alongside a Kale Salad with Golden Raisins, Marcona Almonds and a Maple Dijon Vinaigrette. Woah Baby! Check back soon for the recipes! Also, I made a fabulous dessert: Upside-Down Pear Gingerbread. I'm practicing my gluten-free masterpieces (it's a lot harder than it looks). Hopefully this one will turn out!

Comments