My Final Dinner for 2010

The new year is almost upon us. We are currently at T-minus 3 hours and counting. My boyfriend and I just went out for a delicious dinner and are now spending the remainder of the year watching Wall-E (I know, we are two crazy young things). But, in the spirit of New Year's Eve, I thought it only fitting to fit in one last blog post. As many of you know, I kicked off this blog January 1, 2010. New Years Day. My goal was to document the dishes. The culinary creations. The delicious disasters. I think that I did just that. The last recipe for the year fell into the "success" category. My boyfriend finished off the entire pot. For dinner on Wednesday, I made Pasta with Roasted Squash and Mozzarella Lemon Butter. It was so tasty! Especially with a simple side of steamed broccoli, it was a quick and delicious weeknight meal. Check out the recipe below:


Pasta with Roasted Squash and Mozzarella Lemon Butter: Yields 4 Servings
2 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
2 T olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
8 oz gluten-free pasta (preferably a short twisted pasta)
Mozzarella Lemon Butter:
8 oz Mozzarella cheese
4 T unsalted butter
zest of 1 lemon
2 cloves of roasted garlic
1 T chiffonaded sage
salt and pepper, to taste

1. Heat oven to 450. Toss squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour onto a foil-lined sheet pan and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and caramelized.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. (Toss with a little olive oil if making in advance)
3. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse mozzarella and butter until combined. Add lemon zest, garlic, sage, salt and pepper. Pulse until incorporated.
4. When squash is cooked, combine with pasta and mozzarella lemon butter. Heat in oven until cheese has melted (or individually on plates in the microwave).


Again, serve this with some steamed broccoli or greens for a great dinner. Hope you enjoy this busy night meal. With the holidays in full-swing, I know I sure did. There is a lot to look forward to next year. New recipes and new stories. I made a little New Year's Eve treat tonight that I'm looking forward to posting about tomorrow, so be sure to check back. (Yes I know you'll probably be hungover and just checking your Facebook, but feel free to stop by this site too!) Well, I must get back to robot love between Wall-E and Eve. Happy New Year and see you in 2011!

Comments