Working Out is Work

I got my ass kicked in the gym today. I mean a Nike tennis shoe forcefully applied pressure to my ass causing me to fall over (metaphorically speaking of course).

To explain, I recently joined Crunch gym and today was my initial assessment. What did this assessment reveal, you ask? That I am WAAAAY more out of shape than I thought. My workout was long and gruesome. There was sweat. There were tears. I actually tried to distract my trainer by talking his ear off (go figure) in hopes that he wouldn't notice how wimpy I was...but, I was laughingly unsuccessful. I would honestly be laughing out loud right now if it didn't hurt so much. But, this is why I joined-to get back into shape. I can run and run till the cows come home, but doing 3 sets of 30 plank position wall touches = pain. So, even though it was hard, I am going back tomorrow for more ass-kicking. No pain, no gain.

As for food, I was too tired after my workout to cook. Tonight's class is titled Food As Art, so I hope to have some great pictures and recipes to post tomorrow. For now, enjoying a hearty laugh at my expense will just have to suffice.

Comments